UNDER THE MICROSCOPE
Let's take a closer look at each of the eight ingredients and doses used to make Post JYM a revolutionary recovery formula.*
6 grams of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
2 grams of Creatine HCL
- The BCAAs are three amino acids-leucine, isoleucine, and valine-that share a common structure.
- Leucine is the most critical after workouts because it stimulates muscle protein synthesis (i.e., muscle growth) by activating the mTOR complex.* It also increases insulin release, which drives more amino acids, creatine, and carnitine from Post JYM into your muscle cells.*
- Having a 3:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine in a post-workout product, such as in Pre JYM, provides an extra bit of leucine for maximal muscle growth without compromising the critical role that isoleucine and valine play in this process.*
- There are hundreds of studies suggesting that creatine supplementation leads to significant gains in muscle strength and power, as well as muscle growth.*
- Creatine HCL is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCL) group to creatine.
- Adding the hydrochloride group lowers the pH of creatine, making it more acidic. This drastically increases creatine's solubility in fluids, which increases its absorption and reduces stomach issues.*
- Research suggests that when subjects consume the same amount of creatine HCL and creatine monohydrate, the creatine HCL is absorbed by the intestines roughly 60% better than creatine monohydrate.* This means that you can take a much smaller dose of creatine HCL to get similar results.
- Clinical research suggests that one of the best times to get a dose of creatine is after workouts. This is especially true when consuming creatine along with ingredients that spike insulin levels, such as leucine and dextrose, which are included in the Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM Dextrose.*
2 grams of CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
- Beta-alanine is an amino acid that gets taken up by muscle fibers and combines with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine.*
- Research suggests that carnosine increases strength and power, improves endurance and recovery, and even boosts fat loss and muscle growth.* This is especially true when taken together with creatine, as in Post JYM.
- One of the best times to get a dose of beta-alanine is right after workouts when muscle fibers are primed to utilize nutrients.* Taking beta-alanine along with leucine and dextrose, as in Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM dextrose, further enhances its uptake to keep your muscle carnosine levels.
2 grams of Carnipure L-Carnitine L-Tartrate
- Studies suggest that L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation enhances recovery after exercise with as little as 1 gram.* The better recovery is likely due to carnitine's ability to boost nitric oxide (NO) production and therefore increase blood flow to recovering muscles, as well as its ability to induce an increase in muscle oxygen consumption.*
- Another benefit of L-carnitine L-tartrate is that it increases the amount of androgen receptors in muscle cells.* These are the receptors that testosterone binds to inside muscle fibers to instigate muscle growth.* Since testosterone rises following a workout, having a higher concentration of androgen receptors in the muscle cells can help ensure that more of that testosterone is used to build muscle.*
- Since carnitine requires insulin for entry into muscle cells, it's best to supplement carnitine with ingredients that spike insulin levels, such as leucine and dextrose, which are both in Post JYM Active Ingredients Matrix and Post JYM dextrose.*
3 grams of Glutamine
- Glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the body and is important for muscle recovery and growth.*
- Research suggests that supplementing with glutamine allows subjects to recover quicker between workouts.*
- Glutamine is also critical for optimal immune function.* Intense training can compromise your immune system, which can derail your training and results. Glutamine can help maintain a healthy immune system and keep your training and results on track.
1.5 grams of Betaine
- Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine (TMG), is a modified version of the amino acid glycine.
- Betaine supplementation has been suggested in clinical studies to improve muscle strength and power production, increase the number of reps done with a given weight, and improve endurance.*
- University of Connecticut researchers reported that supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice per day for two weeks increased bench press power by 20 percent and muscle force on the bench press by 25 percent.*
- Betaine has also been shown to significantly increase protein synthesis following workouts as compared to a placebo. This can help lead to greater muscle growth in the long term.*
1,000 mg of Taurine
- Taurine is a specialized amino acid that is important for endurance and muscle strength.* It can also increase nitric oxide (NO) production.
- Exercise depletes taurine levels, thereby impairing strength and endurance, so it's critical to get a dose of taurine after every workout to replenish what was lost.*
5 mg of BioPerine®
- BioPerine® is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper, or long pepper, that contain standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5 mg dose of BioPerine® is taken with other supplements, it increases the absorption of those supplements by 30 to 2,000 percent.*
Powered By ProteinBarUAE